Sunday, March 17, 2013

ADD/ADHD?

My whole life, I have had ADD/ADHD.  One of many reasons, I used to self-medicate from alcohol and drugs.  It was not till my adulthood and years of sobriety, I have learned to make my diagnosis work for me!
 
One task I love is cleaning the house.  No really, I do.  People with ADD can multi-task exceptionally well.  As I start cleaning in the dining room, I hear the TV in the living room, walk into the living room, start cleaning a bit then move into the bathroom to do my business and start cleaning there.
 
Sooner or later, the whole house is clean!
 
Driving can be difficult.  Yesterday for example, I turned into a parking space, forgot to put it into park because I was grabbing my purse and thinking of something totally different, let my foot off the brake pedal thinking it was in park.  The car jolted forward and the tires hit the cement parking spot barrier.  Thank God for those!  I'm sure someone with ADD/ADHD invented those!
 
My book, Let your lessons become your blessings is a ADD/ADHD'er dream come true;  multiple topics, drama and most of all...hope for those of us that have had the dreaded diagnosis.
 
Today, I will make my ADD/ADHD work for me!
I hear a jet....sounds like it's flying from the airforce base.  Which reminds me of our foster son who wanted to go into the Airforce.  I wonder how he's doing.
 
Anyhoot, "God blesses those who are humble,
for they will inherit the whole earth."  Matthew 5:5
Happy Sunday!